background

Friday, February 22, 2008

Josh's 10th Birthday

Yesterday was Josh's 10th birthday. I can't believe it. My youngest boy is now in the double digits (unless the up and coming one is a boy that is). I can remember so clearly our first trip to South Korea, the country where Josh was born, where we met him and held him for the very first time. What joy! Now my little pumpkin is growing up. Thankfully he still loves to snuggle. He's our most 'touchy' one in fact. He's always rubbing my back or brushing my hair or just coming up to give me hugs. That's why he's my favorite. (I tell each of the kids they are my favorite and I hope they all believe it!) I'm eternally grateful that God saw fit to add Josh to our family. We are so blessed that he is our son. A few years back Joe and I were out on a date in Virginia. We were eating at On the Border (wouldn't I love to be doing that now!) and talking about Josh. Josh had just given his life to the Lord and we were talking about how great it was that God brought him from the other side of the world to be a part of our family and now he was also in the family of God. We both got so emotional talking about it that we started crying...not just small nearly invisible tears, but real crying with lots of tears. Our waitress didn't know what to think so she just gave us our space as we thanked God for His incredible gift of Josh and for saving him.

No comments: