background

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year and Happy BIrthday to Seth

Happy New Year a few days late to you all. I´ve had a busy few days with Joe back in the States and sick kiddos so I´m a bit behind (big surprise!). On New Years Day Seth turned 20. I think my kiddos getting older is the one thing that makes me feel older. I´m glad that Joe was there to celebrate this ´big one´ with him.
I´m looking forward to this coming year and there are a couple of things I´m dreading as well. The biggest dread I have is saying goodbye to Jake as he will likely move back to the States in October. I know it´s a good thing and a natural part of life but it´s hard for a mommy who enjoys being with her children. My one other dread is another move. We need to be out of this house before July. When Joe comes home we´re going to start the process of looking for another place. Please pray with us that we can find a place with a yard for the kids to play and plenty of space for us to live. We absolutely love where we live now, but it is a tiny crowded with 5 girls in one room and 4 boys in another. And it would be great if we could find a place we could actually live in until we go on home assignment in 2011. I really feel like a nomad these days...not good for me personally and not good for a mom with 10 kids at home.
Okay, enough of the negative. I don´t make resolutions, but I do have some plans for the next year. I am looking forward to 2009 as a time of personal growth for me. I want to become more fluent in Spanish and begin making more Bolivian friends. I want to fall more in love with God than I ever have been before. I want to become closer to Him in every way possible. I want to grow in my dependence on Him for everything. I want to continue dating the love of my life and spending as much time as possible with him. I want to once again get my homeschooling "in order" (it´s amazing how often I have to do this). I´m looking forward to some conferences where Joe and I will be speaking. I want to read some good books. I hope to take a vacation to Chile and see the beach once again. I want to spend as much time as possible enjoying Jake´s company while he´s still with us. I want to hug Seth and spend some time with him. I want to plan some fun day trips with the kiddos. I want to enjoy all the time I have with my kids knowing that one day they will fly the coop too. I want to cook more good food, eat more good food, enjoy more time with friends and worry less about the little things. I want to guard my tongue and my heart. I want to be positive. I want to write down more of the hilarious things my family says. I want to be able to find the lids to my Tupperware when I need them. I want to loose about 20 pounds (this could be hard what with the eating more good food part). I want to keep up with old friends and continue getting closer to new friends. I want to be more generous with everything that I have. I want to dance more, love deeper and enjoy every minute of this life (sounds like a country song, huh?). I want grow in wisdom in order to give answers to those who ask of the Hope that lies within me. I want to know and convey to others the Answer.
Well believe it or not I have more, but these things should keep me busy wouldn´t ya say? Maybe I´m more like Joe than I think...making big plans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To see that your 'hoper' is still working and you are a season ahead of me in a few areas of your life gives me hope that I can continue to hope and dream. Did that make sense? Your hope gives me hope to hope more. :-)

May all your aspirations for 2009 come to fruition friend.