background

Saturday, March 8, 2008

P.S.

Here's another email from my friend....read the post below this one first.

Hey Denise,

There was something else I thought would be great to add to the blog. The day we went to the dump for the church service was pretty amazing. We pulled in and there were about 50 kids waiting in a line to get into the school for the service. They pretty much came all by themselves. There was a little boy about 2 sitting in the dirt completely naked, just waiting to go to church. So, in we go and in the midst of the despair of this place the kids are singing "Jesus loves me this I know" and clapping with the music. It was like being taken out of the dump for 2 hours for all of them. They sang, smiled, heard the gospel and were given homemade bread and juice. God shined there in that darkness and it was amazing to see. I thought this might be something to share with your readers.

Love,
Kerri

No comments: