background

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Merci Beaucoup

I took two years of French in high school. Lots of good that´s doing me now in South America, huh? Anyway, one of the first things I learned was "merci beaucoup" or "thank you (merci) very much (beaucoup)". Now I´ve taken to calling my little (or not so little) Mercy a new nickname. I call her Mercy Beaucoup....which could really mean "lots and lots of Mercy" or"very much of Mercy" which we think is appropriate considering her size. :^)

Seriously though after all the jokes we´ve made about how big she is you might think she´s rolls and rolls of fat. She´s really not. She´s a very tall two feet. Yep, 24 whole inches. But since she can´t stand up I guess I should say she´s two feet long. She´s the longest one month old I´ve ever seen. Don´t get me wrong. She does have my double (or triple) chins. But since it´s the only thing she has that looks like me I think they are adorable.

Here´s a couple of recent pics. See how long she is. And yes, she is still the perfect baby (as close as they get) with lots and lots of smiles for her family. She´s beaucoup (lots and lots) of everything....smiles, fun, cuteness and love.


1 comment:

laura said...

Oh Mercy me... she's as cute as ever! That smile, it gets her whole face involved and I think that's just precious :) Oh, and I love Caleb's idea of babysitting, that's my kind of taking care of babies... he's just following the rule, sleep when the baby sleeps :)